free school meals
is your child entitled to free school meals?
a large proportion of students at ossma benefit from free school meals as part of the government initiative for eligible families and children.
your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- income support
- income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- support under part vi of the immigration and asylum act 1999
- the guaranteed element of pension credit
- child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- working tax credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
- universal credit – provided you have an annual net income of no more than £7,400 as assessed by earnings from up to 3 of the most recent assessment periods (not including any benefits you get)
if you meet any of the above criteria and you have not registered your child for free school meals, then you can do so by completing the form available to download here and return it to the academy.
if you would like any help or assistance in applying then we at ossma would be glad to help. you can let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the reception team on 01782 882200.”